Friday, May 9, 2014

Bead Soup Blog Hop #8 Reveal Day!!

Guess what day it is!?!?

"Hey Mike, is it Hump Day?" 

"No Silly!! It's BSBH Reveal Day!!" 

"Oh Em Gee!!"

What is a Bead Soup Blog Hop

It is a party hosted by the FABULOUS Lori Anderson

She pairs jewelry designers with other jewelry designers. We send each other a quality package of beads, a focal, and a clasp. We make one or more pieces of jewelry with those beads, incorporating beads from our own stash as needed. The focal and clasp that were sent MUST be used. We post our creation on the designated reveal day, and then we try to visit as many of the other designers' blogs.

This party has become such a popular event that Lori wrote a book about it. 
You can find this book at Hobby Lobby or other book stores.

You can find my previous BSBH designs and entries here:
(You can also check out my previous partners. Just click on their names). 


Bead Soup Blog Hop #7 - This was my 2nd Bead Soup to participate. Loretta Carstensen was my partner. She sent some gorgeous organic beads in luscious colors and great floral focal. 

Bead Soup Blog Hop #6 -This was my first ever Bead Soup Blog Hop. I was so honored to be accepted as a participant. I had a great partner who loves CATS! She sent me a feline focal and I loved it!! Eleanor Burian-Mohr was my partner. 


This Bead Soup Blog Hop, I met a new partner. Donetta Farrington of Simply Gorgeous. We exchanged emails. Donetta has a wonderful since of humor and is creative in her jewelry designs as well. She shared her struggles with her car having to have a new motor. Which is COSTLY!!! Donetta discovered my favorite color is purple and sent me a purple soup!

I forgot to take pictures of the bead soup when it arrived. I was so excited when I opened the package and saw all the purple!! And the STUNNING BUTTERFLY!  Here is the letter she sent with my soup:







I began playing with the beads. Grouping, connecting. Then I looked through my own stash of purple to see what I could add to the mix. I discovered some forgotten headpins that I brought out to play!





The first design began to fall in place. I made my own chain with the swirled headpins. However, I soon realized the clasp that Donetta sent would not "fit" this design. 

I also struggled with which focal to use. Thanks Donetta for sending me 3 focals! CHOICES!!! UGH!!



I really LOVE this butterfly. But I did not like the way it worked with the beads. I put it away for another day. 

Here is the final piece with the other focal: 




Then it was time to work with the clasp and the "Inspire" charm/focal. 

I decided to keep it simple and incorporate the vintage strand of purple glass beads, add a strand of purple leather, add the clasp, and VOILA! The PERFECT purple bracelet!! I will keep this one for myself. (I have lots of purple clothing - believe it or not)




There you have it. My Bead Soup Blog Hop #8 entry. Please hop on over to Lori's Anderson's blog, Bead Soup Blog Hop # 8 - list of participants, and check out as many other blogs as you can. 

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a comment below!!!
Post a Comment