Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sad days and more sad days

I have not blogged since August. I have my reasons. You see, my mother, my best friend, has been battling Stage 4 Breast Cancer since 2011. In August 2013, she began a new chemo drug. This is her 3rd round of chemo in 2 and a half years. On Sept 12, 2013, she went to the hospital due to vomiting for a week. She had lost a pound a day from the vomiting. She was admitted to the hospital and the doctor decided the chemo medication was making her ill. Within 2 weeks the cancer had spread to the lining of both lungs, her ribs, and her liver. She was too weak and sick to begin chemo.


My mother was placed in hospice care shortly after the cancer spread. She was inpatient in hospice for 2 weeks and then discharged to my care in my home. I got the honor of caring for my mother in her final days. She passed away on November 2, 2013 at the age of 67 years old. She leaves behind, her husband of 50 years (my dad), and my 3 brothers, as well as myself.



I am struggling to accept that my mom is gone. She was my best friend. My partner at craft fairs. We sold MaryKay together.

There is an emptiness in my heart.


Rest in peace Mama.

My beautiful Mom

Post a Comment