Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Year of Jewelry - Weeks 2 and 3

I'm a tad bit behind in posting! I've been sick with sore throat this past week. It's Sunday, I'm feeling better, so now it's time to BLOG!

Week 2 of A Year of Jewelry - the theme was grace. I immediately thought of Butterflies. And here is what I designed! I titled this piece, "Grace in Flight". It is one of my favorites to wear!! 

It is made with a gorgeous organza ribbon woven through a silver-plated chain. The butterflies are actually buttons I sewed onto the ribbon. The stones are dyed in pastels and attached with jump rings. 

The overall length is 16 inches, but I attached an extra length of chain as an extender. 

Very "spring-like". 







The 3rd week of A Year of Jewelry had the theme of Music. I decided to use some of my lamp-work beads I made.  I made 2 bracelets, one is blue - "Music to my Heart"  and one is pink/green - "Pinkalicious" bracelet . 

Here are my pictures:






Thanks for stopping by!!


Post a Comment