Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Jewelry Photography and Props

What are your favorite props and backgrounds when photographing your jewelry? 
Why do you like them?

Since I made my own photo box (http://deelitefuljewelrycreations.blogspot.com/2012/05/today-is-sunday-may-27-2012.htmlI have discovered many props and backgrounds. 


Shells, stones, and books make great props for earrings and bracelets. 


Shells make great props and backgrounds.


Another shell.

Vases, cups, goblets, and other interesting glasses are useful as well.

Rocks of all kinds can be interesting!

Book pages are nice - especially if it's a meaningful book. This one is a book of Dali Lama. 

I have an interesting vase I purchased at a craft fair. It makes for a great prop for the right piece of jewelry.

Black is a difficult color to photograph with. This is a black scarf. Make sure the black background is free of lint and hair!

I have some sparkly foam board in various colors. 

More shells and rocks. 
Mirrors make for interesting backgrounds and props. 

Shells, rock, and a mirror!

I also have a amethyst stone that's great for photos.

Years ago I went to Padre Island for my honeymoon. I picked up tons of shells, so I have many varieties to use. 

This shell is kewl because I can hang items from it. As displayed here. 

Another shell.

Placement can be interesting. 

I also have small word rocks. 

I enjoy playing around with my props. 
I have a beautiful cake plate and dessert plate set. Great for backgrounds!

I like that natural backgrounds - plants, trees, wooden fence, etc.


Post a Comment