Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"Whats In a Name?" Blog Hop

Whats the story behind my business and blog name? Why did I chose my font, color palette and logo. How did it all evolve? I'm so glad you asked!


The story behind my business name:


My nickname is Dee or DeeDee. Only my family calls me DeeDee. However, when I began working at my last employment, there was already a "Diane" working there. She was my boss. We decided I would go by Dee. 13 years later, in my profession (substance abuse counselor), I'm known as Dee across the state of Arkansas. 








Last year, when I started my jewelry business, I was Dee-lited! My family was encouraging as well. I woke up one day and recalled my dream of my business name. Many problems have been solved in my dreams. This time, my jewelry business was created from my dream. Dee-liteful Jewelry Creations is one-of-a-kind name. I' googled it when I came up with it. I can't find another! 

As for my font on my blog header, I like script fonts. Something fancy, but not too fancy. 

I love purple. It's my favorite color for several reasons. First and foremost, it's the color of royalty. Second, purple is halfway between red and blue on the color rainbow. Most often, (especially in mental health) red represents anger and blue represents depression. Therefore, purple represents a balance between the two. 







Then - add the butterflies. Butterflies are symbolic of change, of transformation, a rebirth of sorts, being recreated. For nearly 20 years, I've been on a journey of change that involves steps of change. I continue this path one day at a time. 


Combine purple with butterflies and it is the best description of me and my life. 


Thanks to picmonkey.com, I created my banner for my blog. It took several tries and various changes in the pictures, until I got it right. How did I know it was right? I listened to that voice that said, "AHA!" 

There ya have it!







Now check out all participants' blogs for "What's in a Name?".





Post a Comment