Friday, June 15, 2012

Toolbox Challenge and Hop


Sandra McGriff (http://skyescreativechaos.blogspot.com/) is hosting a toolbox challenge in honor of Father's Day. The instructions were "raid 'his world' for items to use in yours." Create a piece of jewelry using something I found in the toolbox or hardware store, or tackle box.

When I first read about this challenge I immediately knew I would participate. My idea was to use items from the tackle box.

My necklace was completed, but the pendant I chose looked gaudy. So I redesigned it by changing the pendant.


 The chain is made from # 5 fishing swivels, connected with jump rings of the same color. I then removed the hooks from the lures, which was sad. The hooks had feathers attached, so I couldn't keep them on the lures. I attached a large spoon lure for a pendant, after firing it to give it a tarnished look.






I used a large toggle that looks like a fishing lure. 


I must say, fishing is MY sport. I love it and have my own tackle box and fishing poles. This was not a difficult challenge for me. There are some gorgeous lures on the market. I plan to make matching earrings for this necklace soon. The necklace is for sale $40.

Be sure to check out all participants!!


Post a Comment